2009/06/13

I don't know how to explain the expanse of the poems on which I am currently working, and I do not want to analyze it too much at this point. I have shown them to several good friends and poets, and they've used words like "ambitious" and "expansive" to describe them. It is interesting how life experience during the writing of a book informs its structure. I'll leave it at that. I am also enjoying Mari L'Esperance's The Darkened Temple, which I received in the mail last week. I am also really excited that the next issue of In the Grove will include C. Dale Young's poem "Elegance," which is the last poem in TORN, forthcoming from Four Way Books in 2012. I sent him a message on Facebook inviting him to publish in our journal, and I was thrilled when he sent along such a fine poem. The issue, our first online issue after twelve years of print issues, goes live on June 16.

*

Radiohead, "I Might Be Wrong" (Acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment