2009/06/23

I helped Guest Edit this, now available from the University of Texas, El Paso Bilingual MFA Program.

I keep chopping down a recent poem I'm somewhat happy with, "Fire." I took the opening line out, which was not serving the poem but served initially as the poem's trigger. Instead, I moved underneath the title to read "After Alexander Long's 'Still Life with Suicide'." I've also been working on the ending, which was a bit too didactic. I think I've got it ready to go, along with a few others, that I want to send to a few particular journals.

There is some good energy brewing in the Fresno writing community, and I can feel it. Obviously there are many great writers here, but I'm amazed at the younger talent. Looking forward to the release of the first issue of The Packinghouse Review, edited by David Dominguez and Rick Garza. It includes my poem, "Gardening Secrets of the Dead."

*

No comments:

Post a Comment